- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup milk (or water)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- Water, for boiling
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Mix eggs, flour, and milk. Add seasonings to taste. (Batter will be pretty thick.).
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil.
- Using a Spaetzle maker or colander, push batter through the holes into boiling water. We use the german made Kuchenprofi Stainless Steal Spaetzle Plane w/ pusher.
- Spaetzle is ready when it floats. Remove with a slotted spoon to drain the water out.
- Add butter to a saucepan and melt over medium-high heat.
- Add Spaetzle and sauté. (Add onions and garlic for extra flavor.).