- Salt and Pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds Spaghetti
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Garlic cloves (sliced thinly)
- 1 tablespoon Red Chili Flakes
- 3/4 cup Pickled Cherry Peppers
- 1/2 cup Flat-Leaf Parsley
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat and season generously with salt. Cook the pasta for one minute less than the package instructions.
- Drain pasta reserving approximately 1 cup of water
- In a large sauté pan over medium-low heat, add about 1/3 cup of olive oil. Add the garlic, chili flakes and pickled peppers. Add a tablespoon of pasta water to ensure the garlic doesn’t brown. Cook gently until the garlic softens, about 8 minutes.
- Add pasta to pan. Toss to coat and add a ladle full of reserved pasta water.
- Drizzle with a healthy amount of olive oil and toss in the chopped parsley.
- Toss to coat and emulsify the sauce.