- 2 pounds young, small, multicolored carrots, scrubbed and washed.
- 1 teaspoon Moroccan spice blend
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cup dried mission fags, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon chopped chives
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Preserved lemons, cut into wedges, to serve,
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- Put the carrots into a large bowl; add the Moroccan spices, fennel seeds, butter, tossing well to coat the carrots.
- Put the season carrots into a large skillet along with 1/2 cup of water, cover, and bring to a boil. Cook until the carrots are snap tender, but not overcooked, approximately 5 – 7 minutes.
- Remove the cover of the skillet; add the honey. Cut dried figs, and pomegranate seeds and stir to combine. Continue to cook over medium-high heat, stirring to evaporate the remaining water, until the carrots are nicely glazed in tender but still a bit al dente, approximately 2 minutes more.
- Transfer the carrots to a serving dish, season to taste, garnish with chives and preserved lemon and serve
If you can’t find Rainbow Carrots you can substitute regular Orange Baby Carrots.