- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 8 large Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat
- Add sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg stirring until sugar is dissolved
- Add apple slices
- Sauté 15 to 20 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Stir making sure apples are completely covered with butter mixture.
- Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
Serve in individual ramekins or as a topping over vanilla ice cream
We use Pyrex 6-ounce Custard Cups for serving Click Here