- 1lb ground chicken breast
- 1lb ground chicken (50% less fat)
- 2/3 cup panko
- 2 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp Chinese 5 spice
- 1/2 Cup thin sliced green onion
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 Cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 Cup Miring (rice vinegar)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/4 Cup chicken broth
- 1-2 tsp sriracha sauce
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1-2 tbsp. cornstarch (used to thicken the sauce)
- Preheat your oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Lightly spray with cooking spray. Remove any excess spray with a paper towel.
- Place all of the meatball ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Mix with your hands until well incorporated. Place in your refrigerator for 10 minutes to firm the mixture. Roll the meatballs into 1½ – 2 inch balls and place on the baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until an internal temperature of 165 is met.
- While the meatballs are baking, make the sauce. In a sauce pan, whisk together all of the sauce ingredients, minus the cornstarch. Once the ingredients are mixed well, gradually whisk in the cornstarch until the sauce reaches your desired thickness.
- Place the cooked meatballs in a large bowl and pour the sauce over top. Toss to coat. Garnish with sesame seeds and green onions.
When rolling meatballs lightly coat your hands with oil. This will help keep them from sticking to your hands.