- 1 lb. ground pork sausage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 (28 ounce) cans of Bush’s bold-and-spicy baked beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained or 1 (15 ounce) can lima beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can light kidney beans or 1 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, drained
- 3 cups favorite barbecue sauce
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar (1/2 cup is on the sweet side)
- 1⁄4 cup yellow mustard
- Fresh lemon juice, 1 squirt (optional but very good)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cook pork sausage in an ovenproof Dutch oven over medium-high heat, stirring until sausage crumbles and is no longer pink.
- Drain, reserving 2 teaspoons drippings in Dutch oven.
- Return sausage to Dutch oven and stir in onion; sauté until tender.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir to mix.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
Makes 16 servings