Steak with Mushrooms
- 1 1/2 pounds shell or club steak, trimmed and boned
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Sherry
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil or peanut oil
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 4 green onions, cut in 1 inch lengths
- 1 (8 ounce) can bamboo shoots, drained
- 1 (10 ounces) package frozen snow peas, thawed
- 3 tablespoons water
- Cut steaks in 1 1/2 inch cubes. Pound each cube on all sides using a mallet or the flat side of the heavy cleaver. Place meat in a bowl.
- Add soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, Sherry, sugar, cornstarch, pepper and 1 teaspoon sesame oil or peanut oil.
- Stir well; let stand for 30 minutes.
- In wok over high heat. Add meat and stir-fry about 2 minutes. Remove and drain steak.
- Pour oil from wok, reserving 2 tablespoons.
- Add mushrooms and green onions and stir fry for two minutes.
- Add bamboo shoots and snow peas. Stir fry for 30 seconds.
- Return meat to wok.
- Add water and continue to cook, stirring for 30 seconds.
Makes 4 servings