Be sure to use true baby carrots with tops. So-called baby carrots sold in bags are often whittled-down mature vegetables; their texture will be too tough for this recipe.
Steamed Carrots with Garlic-Ginger Butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound baby carrots with tops, peeled
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Prepare garlic; let stand 10 minutes.
- Steam carrots, covered, 10 minutes or until tender.
- Heat butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic and ginger to pan; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; stir in carrots, cilantro, and remaining ingredients.