- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup milk powder
- ¼ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- ½ cup freeze-dried strawberries
- Pinch salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 pints of vanilla bean ice cream
- ½ pint strawberry sorbet
- Spray and 8 x 8 baking dish with cooking spray then line it with waxed paper. It’s set aside. Remove the ice cream and sorbet from the freezer to soften.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the flour milk powder, confectioners’ sugar, cornstarch, strawberries and salt. Pulse a few times to mix the ingredients and break up the strawberries into smaller pieces. Next add the melted butter and continue to pulse until small crumbs form. Sprinkle a third of the mixture into the bottom of the prepared 8 x 8 baking dish. Set aside.
- When the ice cream has softened (you can put it into a mixing bowl and work it with a spatula) spread one of the pints into the bottom of the pan in an even layer, over the crumbs. Next, spread the sorbet over the top followed by the other part of the ice cream.
- Sprinkle another third of the crumb mixture over the top and place in the freezer for four hours or overnight.
- Unmold the ice cream and peel the wax paper. Cut into rectangles and stick a Popsicle stick into each one. Dust the sides with the remaining from a place back in the freezer for 30 minutes to set, and enjoy.
- Use store-bought vanilla ice cream and strawberry sorbet.
- Melted vanilla ice cream to make the bottom layer. The two other layers of ice cream/sorbet shouldn’t be completely melted, just enough to spread easily.