- 1 medium cantaloupe
- 1 x white wine
- ¼ pound blue cheese crumbled
- ½ pound ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup sour cream
- Salt and black pepper
- Cut a slice off the top of the cantaloupe, scoop out the fruit with a melon-ball cutter.
- Marinate the melon balls in wine until time to serve.
- In the meantime, blend together cheeses and cream.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pile the cheese mixture lightly into the cantaloupe shell.
- If it does not fill the shell lower the rim of the shell by cutting with knife in jagged edges to form a “basket edge.
- Spear melon balls with toothpicks, and dip them into the cheese mixture for a very pretty, refreshingly different appetizer.
Makes about 1 cup cheese mixture and about 20 melon balls.