- 1 eggplant, halved lengthwise
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage, casings removed
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 cups Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Scoop out the flesh of the eggplant, chop, and reserve. Season shells with salt and pepper, and coat with some olive oil; set aside.
- Heat 1/4 cup olive oil in a large, deep skillet over medium high heat.
- Sauté sausage and garlic until sausage is evenly brown.
- Stir in the reserved chopped eggplant.
- Season with parsley, salt and pepper.
- Pour in wine, and cook 5 minutes.
- Mix in the bread crumbs and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. If mixture is dry, stir in more olive oil.
- Stuff mixture into eggplant shells, and sprinkle top with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, or until eggplant is tender.
Makes 4 servings