- 1 can (28 ounce) crushed tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 fresh beef brisket, 3 pounds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, onion, raisins, Brown sugar, lemon juice and garlic.
- Pour half into a 4 or 5 quart slow cooker coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle meat with salt and pepper. Transfer to slow cooker.
- Top with remaining tomato mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove brisket to a serving platter and keep warm. Separate fat from cooking juices.
- Thinly sliced meat across the grain.
- Serve with tomato mixture.