- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup cooked and mashed sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Combine sugar and oil; beat well.
- Add eggs and beat.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Stir flour mixture into egg mixture alternately with water.
- Stir in sweet potatoes and chopped nuts.
- Pour batter into greased 9×5 inch loaf pan (or 2 small loaf pans).
- Bake at 350⁰ F for about one hour.
Makes 1 9×5 loaf
We used a Faberware non stick 9×5 loaf pan