- 3 to 3-1/2 pounds sweet potatoes
- 2 tart apples, peeled, cored and sliced into wedges
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Place sweet potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 30 minutes or until just tender.
- Drain and cool slightly. Peel and cut into 1/4-in. slices.
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, alternately layer potatoes and apples.
- Pour orange juice over top.
- Combine the brown sugar, ginger and cinnamon; sprinkle over potatoes and apples. Dot with butter.
- Bake, uncovered, and at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until apples are tender.
Makes 8 servings.
To safely handle hot pans we use KitchenReady Oven Gloves Click Here