Szechuan Chili Chicken
- 3/4 lb. Chicken breast meat cooked and cubed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg, white only
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 slices ginger root
- 2 small dried chili peppers
- 2 green or red peppers
- 2 fresh chili peppers
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Add the salt, egg white, 1tbsp oil, and cornstarch. Mix and rub these evenly over the chicken pieces to form a thin coating.
- Chop the ginger, and dried chili.
- Cut the peppers into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat the remaining oil in a wok.
- Add the ginger and chili peppers stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken pieces, separating them while stirring.
- Add the pepper, soy sauce and vinegar, and fry for a further 2 minutes.
Serve immediately with rice.
Makes 3 – 4 servings