Submitted by Peg Hammerseng
- 1 ½ – 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 – 15 ounce cans diced tomatoes with liquid
- 1 – 15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 – 15 ounce can whole corn with liquid
- 1 – 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 package of your favorite Taco Seasoning
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded (set aside ½ cup for final garnish – optional)
- In a large skillet completely brown ground beef and drain fat.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients with the ground beef and over medium high heat cook for 15 minutes reduce heat to medium and continue cooking for 15 additional minutes stirring occasionally.
Garnish with shredded cheddar cheese – optional
Serve with corn chips