Submitted by Country Boy Jerry
- Venison Steaks
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 fresh garlic clove, minced
- 1 large green pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups water
- In a large fry pan with lid melt butter and add canola oil making sure both are blended.
- Put venison in and brown both sides of steaks, remove steaks and hold.
- Add onions, peppers and garlic to pan and sauté lightly about 1 minute.
- Return venison steaks to pan, add water to pan, put lid on and turn heat to medium – low, simmer until steaks are medium.
Do not let water evaporate away, add water as needed.