- 2 lbs. coarsely ground venison
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large green pepper, julienne cut
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 ½ cups whole tomatoes
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 – 16 ounce can of kidney beans drained
- In a heavy pan heat oil and brown venison
- Add onions, garlic, and green pepper. Cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add chili powder, sugar, tomatoes tomato sauce, water, and salt. Stir to make sure ingredients are completely blended.
- Simmer 1 hour. Stir in kidney beans and allow to simmer for another ½ hour.
We serve our chili in Cordon Bleu 16 oz. White Porcelain Chili Bowls Click Here