- 1 pound white beans, dried
- 1 1/2 quarts chicken stock
- 1 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 ounces green chilies, diced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano, crushed
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- In a large kettle, combined beans, stock, one half the onions, garlic and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 1 1/2 hours or until beans are very tender, adding more chicken stock as needed.
- Heat oil in skillet. Add remaining chopped onions and cook about 5 minutes, until tender and clear.
- Add chilies, cumin, oregano, coriander, cloves and cayenne pepper; mix thoroughly. Cook 2 minutes more.
- Add skillet mixture to bean mixture. Portion chicken into four serving. For each serving, put chicken in bottom of bowl, spooned chili over top.
We serve our chili in Cordon Bleu 16 oz. White Porcelain Chili Bowls Click Here