Here’s a recipe that was sent to me from a friend. It came from beyondkimchee.com and it’s a true winner. I strongly urge anyone looking for a gluten free dinner to give it a try.
Thai Beef & Basil Stir Fry
- 1 tablespoon gluten free Thai fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons gluten free oyster sauce
- 1/q teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons grape seed or canola oil, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 to 5 Thai bird’s eye chilies, finely chopped
- 1 lb. beef (any cut suitable for stir-fry), thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 10 – 12 Thai basil leaves
In a small bowl, combine fish sauce, oyster sauce, sugar and water. Mix well and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a wok (or skillet) over medium-high heat and add garlic and chilies. Stir-fry for 10 seconds, and then add the beef. Stir-fry until the beef is no longer pink, about 2 minutes. Move the beef to a plate and set aside.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil to the wok.
- Add onion and the sauce. Stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes until the onions are just soft.
- Add beef and heat through.
- Add basil leaves, remove the wok from the heat and shake everything to mix well.
- Serve immediately with steamed Jasmine rice.