Recipe taken from the Star Tribune newspaper February 5, 2015
The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups flour
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup Golden Brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (10 ounce) bag bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) bag milk chocolate chips
- 1 (11 ounce) bag butterscotch chips optional
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, oats, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer on medium high speed beat butter until creamy, about 1 minute.
- Add granulated sugar and Brown sugar and beat until light and creamy, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add vanilla extract and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Reduce speed to low, add flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Stir in bittersweet chocolate chips and milk chocolate chips (and butterscotch chips or toasted pecans, optional).
- Scoop dough into 3/4 teaspoon balls onto prepared baking sheets, separating them about 2 inches apart.
- Bake until lightly browned, about 8 to 9 minutes; do not over bake.
- Remove from oven and cool 2 minutes, then transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely. We use the Surpahs 3 Tier Stainless Steel Cooling Racks Click Here
To safely handle hot pans we use KitchenReady Oven Gloves Click Here