- 6 oz. almost boiling water
- 2 oz. of Scotch whiskey. If you prefer you can use an Irish blend, or the sweeter Bourbon, or even brandy but Scotch is the traditional choice.
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 slice lemon
- 3-4 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Pour 6 ounces of steaming (not boiling) water into a mug followed by in 3-4 cloves, a slice of lemon and a tsp or less of honey and stir. Be careful not to over-sweeten, drop in the cinnamon stick. These ingredients will need to be adjusted to your taste,
- Do not pour the Scotch in until the brew has steeped, or else you may evaporate too much of its potency.
- Steep for 3 minutes, then take the cinnamon out.
- Add the 2 ounces of scotch
Then head for the couch, kick off your shoes and relax.