Thanksgiving is over and we’re all looking for way to use those left-overs. Here’s a great recipe that’s easy and tastes great.
Turkey Hash Browns
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 pounds boiling potatoes, peeled and diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 1/2 cups chopped yellow onions (about 2 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 pound cooked turkey, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced scallions, white and green parts
- Melt the butter in a large 10 – 12 inch sauté pan.
- Add the potatoes, onions, salt, and pepper and cook over medium-low heat for 15 – 20 minutes, turning occasionally with a flat spatula, until the potatoes are evenly browned and cooked through. (Allow the potatoes to cook for 5 minutes before turning).
- Add the cooked turkey and heat for 1 – 2 minutes. Turn off the heat and add the parsley and scallions.
Makes 4 – 6 servings