• 1 tbsp. olive oil
• 1/4 Cup fresh marjoram (or oregano) – roughly chopped
• 2 cloves garlic – finely grated
• 1 recipe Basic Tomato Sauce
• Salt and pepper
• 1 1/2 lbs. celery root – peeled, cut into 1-inch cubes
• 1 1/2 lbs. ground turkey
• 1 bunch parsley – roughly chopped + more to garnish
• 2-3 egg whites
• Red chili flakes – to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF.
2. In a large bowl, add celery root, 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to evenly coat. Transfer to a baking sheet. Roast until tender, about 20 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool slightly.
3. In a food processor, add the celery root, pulse to finely chop and transfer to a large bowl. Add ground turkey, marjoram, parsley, garlic and egg whites. Season with salt and pepper. Mix to combine.
4. Form turkey mixture into golf ball-sized balls. Transfer to a plate. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
5. To a medium-sized pot or bruiser, add tomato sauce and place over medium heat. Bring to a boil simmer, stirring occasionally. Add the meatballs, bring to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes, until cooked through.
6. Serve meatballs with sauce. Garnish with more parsley.