- 1 1/4 cups margarine
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoon milk
- 1 Tablespoon melted butter
- Teaspoon almond extract
- Favorite food coloring
- Preheat oven to 300⁰ F.
- Cream 1 1/4 cups butter in large bowl.
- Gradually add sugar; beat until light and fluffy.
- Add 1/4 tsp almond extract and salt.
- Gradually stir in enough flour to make a soft dough.
- Add ground almonds.
- On a floured surface roll dough to a thickness of ¼ inch. If dough sticks to rolling pin sprinkle with a little flour.
- Press your favorite cookie cutter into rolled out dough cutting out cookies.
- Gather the scrapes and reroll to make additional cookies
- Place cookies on a parchment papered cookie sheet and bake in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until very lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, combine powdered sugar, milk, melted butter and almond extract in a small bowl. Mix rapidly until smooth. If necessary add milk very slowly.
- If you want to color the frosting add food coloring one drop at a time until desired color is achieved.
Decorate as desired.
We use Wilton Heart Shaped Cookie Cutters Click Here