Submitted by Helena W.
- ½ cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg beaten
- ¼ cup milk
- 3 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 300⁰ F.
- Blend shortening and sugar thoroughly.
- Beat the egg and add milk and vanilla extract.
- Combine all dry ingredients together.
- Add wet and dry ingredients alternately to the shortening sugar mixture.
- Drop from a teaspoon onto a greased cookie sheet and bake at 300⁰ F. for 20 minutes.
Makes 82 – 2 inch cookies