- 6 ounces button mushrooms
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- 3/4 Cup vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 TB Mandarin sauce
- 1 TB black bean sauce
- 1/4 TS salt
- 1/4 TS garlic powder
- 1 TS vegan soup base powder
- 2 ea.16 oz. boxes firm tofu, drained and cut into very small cubes
- 3/4 TB cornstarch
- 2 TS rice vegan cooking wine
- 1 TS chili paste
- 2 Scallions or green onions – diced
- Slice button mushrooms and sauté in canola oil and set aside
- Combine vegetable broth, mandarin sauce, black bean sauce, salt, and garlic powder and vegan soup base in a pan and stir to completely mix all ingredients.
- Place pan on high heat. When mixture reaches a boil, add tofu and stir again.
- Create a slurry in a separate bowl by combining cornstarch with 2 TB water and mix.
- Bring tofu mixture back to a boil, add corn starch mixture and stir again.
- Continue stirring until tofu mixture thickens; reduce heat to medium.
- Stir in vegan cooking wine and chili paste and sautéed mushrooms. Allow to cook another minute, then turn off heat.
- Let dish sit for 10 to 15 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Serve hot over cooked white rice garnish with diced green onions .
Preparation time: 20 minutes