- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, onion drained
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 green Bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a stockpot heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Sauté onions until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in black beans, pinto beans, kidney beans, tomatoes, vegetable broth, green Bell pepper, chili powder, cumin and garlic powder; mix well and reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper
- Serve hot.
Serve in 16 oz. white porcelain chili bowls
Makes 4 servings