- 2 pounds of venison flank meat
- 3 large onions, sliced thinly
- 3 tablespoons mild Hungarian Paprika
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large green bell pepper, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 2 pounds wide egg noodles
- Cut the venison into one inch cubes.
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy soup pot or Dutch oven.
- Brown the venison. Add the onions, paprika and salt.
- Continue cooking, stirring often, until the onions have softened.
- Add the water and green pepper slices, cover, and cook at medium-low heat for one and one-half hours, or until the venison is fork tender.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook the egg noodles. Serve the finished venison goulash over the noodles for a hearty meal.