- 2 1/2 cups Herb seasoned stuffing
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 pound ground venison
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) whole peeled tomatoes, cut up
- 1 can (of out 8 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 medium green, red or yellow peppers, cut lengthwise into halves
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- In a heavy skillet over medium-high heat cook the venison and onion until well browned, stirring often to prevent burning. Pour off any fat
- Stir 1/4 cup stuffing and butter into a medium bowl, set aside.
- Stir the tomatoes and corn into the skillet. Add the remaining stuffing and mix lightly.
- Arrange the peppers, cut side up, in a 2 quart shallow baking dish. Spoon the venison mixture over the peppers. Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 400°F for 25 minutes or until the peppers are tender.
- Add the reserved stuffing mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until the topping is Golden Brown. Sprinkle on cheese return to oven until cheese melts