- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- 2 to 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon each salt and black pepper
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 5 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 large bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup crushed peanuts
Slice chicken breasts into thin strips; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the 3 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons lime juice, cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Add chicken strips to bowl and marinate for 10 to 30 minutes.
- Heat skillet and sauté chicken until fully cooked; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ½ cup olive oil, ¼ cup lime juice, lime zest, rice wine vinegar, chili powder, sugar, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon black pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss cooled sautéed chicken with shredded cabbage, carrots, cilantro, and peanuts.
- Drizzle olive oil and lime juice mixture over the salad. Mix well and serve.