This recipe was sent to us by Mike Obrad and was originally carried in the magazine taste of home. The night the grandkids were over we put this recipe in the crockpot and served it for breakfast and it was a hit with the kids.
Warm in Fruity Breakfast Cereal
- 2 cups 7 grain cereal
- 1 medium Apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped dates
- 5 cups water
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/4 cup Maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Chopped walnuts, optional
- Bananas, sliced, optional
- Blue berries, optional
- In a 4 – 5 quart slow cooker, combined 7 grain cereal, apples, apricots, cranberries, raisins, dates, water, Apple juice, Maple syrup, cinnamon and salt.
- Cook, covered, on low 6 – 7 hours or until cereal and fruit are tender.
If desired, top with walnuts, sliced bananas, and blue berries.