- 1 cup (250 ML) all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons (15 ML) baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.3 ML) salt
- 1 tablespoon (15 ML) sugar
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 cup (250 ML) milk
- 4 tablespoons (60 ML) oil
- 1 teaspoon (5 ML) vanilla
- In a large bowl, whisk together all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Set aside.
- Beat egg whites until stiff. Add milk and egg yolks to flour mixture. Stir until smooth.
- Add oil and vanilla to batter and mix well.
- Fold egg whites into the batter.
- Pour one pre – measured scoop of batter into the middle of the waffle maker. Cook 5 to 6 minutes or until golden brown.
Makes 4 to 6 waffles.