- 1 cup green pepper, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 1/4 cups onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cans (15 1/2 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and well drained
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 3 cups cooked turkey, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat, sauté green pepper, onion and garlic in oil 5 minutes, or until vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Add beans, tomatoes, wine, turkey, chili powder, cilantro, red pepper and salt.
- Increase heat and bring mixture to boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 25 minutes.
Ladle into chili bowls and garnish with additional onion or fresh cilantro. We serve our chili in Cordon Bleu 16 ounce Chili Bowls Click Here