Sort of a cross between a quiche and an omelet, with herbs.
- 4 large eggs
- 2 ½ cups of milk
- 4 ounces of fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley
- Some chopped thyme
- 2 tablespoons of chopped chives or scallions
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons of Butter
- Beat the eggs lightly, then add the milk, breadcrumbs, herbs and seasonings, and mix well.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the butter in a pan until foaming, then pour in the mixture and cook over a low flame until it is brown underneath and just set on top. Pop under the broiler to finish off.
- Top each cake with a slab of butter and serve.