- 20 – 24 wonton wrappers
- 1/2 cup finely chopped chicken for
- 2 tablespoons chopped Chinese parsley (cilantro)
- Three green onions, finely chopped
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- One egg, lightly beaten
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- Dash of sesame oil
- Salt and pepper
- Chinese parsley watercress for garnish
- Place all the wonton wrappers on a large, flat surface. Mix together the chicken or pork, chopped parsley, green onion and ginger.
- Brush the edges of the wrappers lightly with beaten egg.
- Place a small amount of mixture on one half of the wrappers and fold the other half over the top to form a triangle.
- Press with the fingers to seal the edges well.
- Bring the stock to a boil in a large saucepan. Add the filled wontons and simmer 5 to 10 minutes or until they float to the surface.
- Add remaining ingredients to the soup, using only the leaves of the parsley or watercress for garnish.